- UCPL complies with PALS Plus circulation policies. Most materials circulate for 21 days, except DVDs and magazines, which circulate for 7 days, and DVD TV series that circulate for 14 days.
- Materials may be renewed twice, with some exceptions, such as music CDs and new items, which may be renewed only once. The recent improvement to our borrowing practices is auto-renewal. Items that you check out are automatically renewed for you twice unless they are requested by other patrons.
- Media items and interlibrary loans (from outside the PALS Plus system) may be subject to special loan periods.
- Patrons will be provided a receipt upon checkout which shows the due date for each item.
- Materials may be returned at either UCPL location (at the circulation desk or using our 24-hour book drop boxes unless it is required to be returned at the circulation desk), or any other PALS Plus location.
- The Library became fine-free on May 12, 2022. In order to make library materials more freely accessible to all, the UCPL will no longer charge overdue fines. There are a few exceptions to the fine-free policy, such as museum passes and technology devices.
- The library still has a time limit for borrowing, and we expect materials to be returned on time. Please return items when they are due so that everyone has equal access to our collections.
Technology Lending Policies
New! The adult patrons of the Union City Public Library in good standing can check out mobile hotspots and NJ Health Connect iPads with their library cards.
UCPL mobile hotspot lending policy and UCPL mobile hotspot lending agreement.
UCPL NJ Health Connect iPad lending policy and UCPL NJ Health Connect lending agreement.