- Access instructions: Create an account using your library card number. Choose Pals Plus as your library while creating an account.
- Borrowing limits: Up to 5 checkouts and up to 5 holds at one time. Borrow audiobooks for up to 21 days and e-books for up to 14 days.
- Devices/apps: Browser (computer/tablet/Chromebook), Apple (iOS) app, Android (Google Play) app, Ereaders, Kindle, MP3 players. Choose PALS Plus as your library.
- Downloads page(s): https://www.overdrive.com/apps/libby/
- Access instructions: Set up account with your library card and email address, choosing Union City Free Public Library. Then access via your chosen username and password.
- Borrowing limits: 5 items per user per month, with some exceptions. Book content checks out for 21 days. Video content checks out for 3 days. Music content checks out for 7 days.
- Devices/apps: Browser (computer/tablet/Chromebook), Apple (iOS) app, Android (Google Play) app, Amazon app, Amazon Alexa, Chromecast, Apple TV, Android (Google Play) TV, Fire TV, Roku. Device how-to guides.
- Downloads page(s): https://www.hoopladigital.com/about
Audible Stories: Kids and teens everywhere can instantly stream an incredible collection of stories, including titles across six different languages, that will help them continue dreaming, learning, and just being kids. Buttons at the top of the screen allow selection of language and audience, for example, “Littlest Listeners,” “Elementary,” “Tween,” or “Teen.”
A library of more than 60,000 free e-books, including a Children’s Bookshelf among 23 different Bookshelf Categories. Choose among free epub and Kindle eBooks, download them, or read them online. You will find the world’s great literature here, with a focus on older works for which U.S. copyright has expired. Thousands of volunteers digitize and diligently proofread the e-books.
Access instructions: No login required.
Devices/apps: Browser (computer/tablet/Chromebook). No specific apps for devices.
Articles from the monthly magazine published by a nonprofit organization providing unbiased product ratings and reviews. CR puts more than 5,000 products through rigorous testing each year.
Access instructions: Log in under Patron ID with your library card number. (Do not use the Google sign-in method.) An optional My EBSCOhost account allows you to save articles in a folder.
Devices/apps: Browser (computer/tablet/Chromebook/other mobile devices). No specific apps for devices.
- Access instructions: Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the username and password. (Use the “Login with “Capstone Interactive” option.)
- Borrowing limits: No limits on number of titles borrowed. No time limits.
- Devices/apps: Browser (computer/tablet/Chromebook/other mobile devices). No specific apps for devices.
- Downloads page(s): Not applicable.
Axis 360’s collection includes thousands of titles for adults, teens, and children; fiction and non-fiction. Titles are automatically returned at the end of the loan period, and there are no late fees.