Libby by OverDrive
This extensive collection contains fiction and and non-fiction audiobooks and ebooks, with an emphasis on popular titles.
Get The App
- Access instructions: Create an account using your library card number. Choose Pals Plus as your library while creating an account.
- Borrowing limits: Up to 5 checkouts and up to 5 holds at one time. Borrow audiobooks for up to 21 days and e-books for up to 14 days.
- Devices/apps: Browser (computer/tablet/Chromebook), Apple (iOS) app, Android (Google Play) app, Ereaders, Kindle, MP3 players. Choose PALS Plus as your library.
- Downloads page(s): https://www.overdrive.com/apps/libby/
Hoopla is a web and mobile library media streaming platform for audio books, comics, e-books, movies, music, and TV.
Get The App
- Access instructions: Set up account with your library card and email address, choosing Union City Free Public Library. Then access via your chosen username and password.
- Borrowing limits: 5 items per user per month, with some exceptions. Book content checks out for 21 days. Video content checks out for 3 days. Music content checks out for 7 days.
- Devices/apps: Browser (computer/tablet/Chromebook), Apple (iOS) app, Android (Google Play) app, Amazon app, Amazon Alexa, Chromecast, Apple TV, Android (Google Play) TV, Fire TV, Roku. Device how-to guides.
- Downloads page(s): https://www.hoopladigital.com/about
A library of more than 60,000 free e-books, including a Children’s Bookshelf among 23 different Bookshelf Categories. Choose among free epub and Kindle eBooks, download them, or read them online. You will find the world’s great literature here, with a focus on older works for which U.S. copyright has expired. Thousands of volunteers digitize and diligently proofread the e-books.
Access instructions: No login required.
Devices/apps: Browser (computer/tablet/Chromebook). No specific apps for devices.
Articles from the monthly magazine published by a nonprofit organization providing unbiased product ratings and reviews. CR puts more than 5,000 products through rigorous testing each year.
Access instructions: Log in under Patron ID with your library card number. (Do not use the Google sign-in method.) An optional My EBSCOhost account allows you to save articles in a folder.
Devices/apps: Browser (computer/tablet/Chromebook/other mobile devices). No specific apps for devices.
Capstone Interactive eBook Collection: Interactive e-books, with read-aloud audio, for children.
- Access instructions: Email email@example.com for the username and password. (Use the “Login with “Capstone Interactive” option.)
- Borrowing limits: No limits on number of titles borrowed. No time limits.
- Devices/apps: Browser (computer/tablet/Chromebook/other mobile devices). No specific apps for devices.
- Downloads page(s): Not applicable.
Axis 360’s collection includes thousands of titles for adults, teens, and children; fiction and non-fiction. Titles are automatically returned at the end of the loan period, and there are no late fees.